Office of Children's Services (CSA)
The family is the best environment for raising children and caring for vulnerable persons. Every reasonable effort should be made to support and enhance healthy family functioning through coordinated community services.
We are committed to protecting the welfare of children, preserving families and providing services in the least restrictive environment while maintaining public safety.
Our mission is to effectively use community resources to improve the quality of life for children and their families by:
- Developing a system of care which is child-centered, family focused, community-based and culturally competent.
- Empowering families through a system of care which recognizes and supports family strengths and promotes partnerships with families, leading to self sufficiency.
- Ensuring that the system of care assesses needs and provides services through proactive innovation and community coordination.
What is CSA?
The Comprehensive Services Act for At-Risk Youth and Families (CSA) is a law enacted in 1993 that establishes a single state pool of funds to purchase services for at-risk youth and their families. The state funds, combined with local community funds, are managed by local interagency teams who plan and oversee services to youth.
Who is eligible for services?
Services under the CSA program may be available to a child who meets at least one of the following descriptions:
- Youth who require private placement for special education
- Youth who are in foster care or are eligible for foster care services
- Youth who are eligible for services through a Child in Need of Services Parental Agreement
- Youth who have significant emotional or behavioral problems and may require services not available from an agency, require services of multiple agencies or may be at risk of residential placement.
Office Location: 3811 Corporate Road Petersburg, VA 23805
Mailing: PO Box 1791 Petersburg, VA 23804
The Community Policy and Management Team Meeting is held every 3rd Wednesday of each month at 10:00am. Meetings are currently held via Zoom video conference.