Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Petersburg Fire Station # 4 Update
In April 2020, the City temporarily closed Fire Station #4 (Walnut Hill) due to health and safety concerns.
The Fire Station was experiencing severe issues with mold, asbestos, and an overall antiquated infrastructure.
In May, Petersburg City Council approved an emergency requisition in the amount of $46,051 for immediate repairs to Fire Station #4.
Work began in May and the work is anticipated to be complete in August 2020.
Link to Update #1
Follow-up to July 2nd Update:
• The installation of the French Drain to direct water away from the building has been completed.
• Concrete under the foundation that was deteriorated due to years of excess moisture has been repaired and a moisture barrier was installed under the foundation.
• Soil was graded into a concave shape to inhibit drainage from the Shell Station parking lot next door and direct water away from the foundation into the French Drain.
• The heavy brush and wooded area in the back of the property was removed.
• A 6-foot privacy fence was installed to add additional privacy for the neighbors and to increase security for Fire Dept equipment and personal vehicles.
• Wooden window along the back bedrooms was repaired and freshly painted.
• A damaged & disintegrated interior expansion joint between the concrete block wall and solid concrete foundation was removed and replaced.
• All mold in the weight room, ceilings and bedroom areas was remediated. Part of the ceiling in 2 bedrooms and the hallway was removed, remediated and a new drywall ceiling was installed.
• All areas have been cleaned and disinfected.
• A hole in the door to the restroom was repaired and repainted.