- Departments J-Z
- Special Events
Interested in holding a Special Event in the City of Petersburg or use a Park for a Family Reunion or Birthday Celebration?
The first steps in the Special Events Process:
- Review the Special Events Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Obtain and complete a Special Events permit - you must complete the event application in it’s entirety. Please also review and print the application for your records before submitting.
To complete the special events process, you will need to:
- Apply for the Special Event Application (Click here for the Special Event Application)
- Complete any City Service Permit Applications (if applicable)
- Submit General Liability Insurance Certificate and Policy Endorsement (See below)
- Meet with the Special Events Committee- if applicable. The (Special Events Committee includes the following departments, (Recreation/Special Events, Fire, Police, Commissioner of Revenue, Public Works, Health Department, Emergency Medical Services,) during the review process.
- Special Events Committee will make recommendation to the City Manager’s Office for final decision.
- If alcoholic beverages are to be served, renter must obtain a banquet license from the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control. A copy of the ABC License must be submitted one month prior to the Special Events Office. If alcohol is served - a City Police Officer or Sheriff’s Deputy will be assigned to the event. The cost per hour will be incurred by the applicant renting the venue. For additional information, please call 804-324-4015.
- If the Event Organizer is requesting to close/using streets, sidewalks placing signs/banners out for events, movies or parades etc the organizer mud obtain a City Right of Way permit. Fee for using streets or sidewalks ($400.00 per day, $250.00) for the Enterprise Zone. Please note, if the event is on private property or city property and the organizer would like to post signs/banners on city right of ways the fees are as such ($180.00 per event $80.00 Enterprise Zone - downtown). Click here for the ROW Permit
All Special Event Organizers must provide a General Liability Insurance Certificate and Policy Endorsement - once the event is approved by the City of Petersburg. The organizer can select an Insurance Provider or use http://www.intactspecialty.com/entertainment. Questions regarding your event or application - please email email@example.com.
Union Train Station
Weddings, Family Celebrations & Meetings
Questions - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
103 River Street
Petersburg, Virginia 23803
Seated: 170 (with tables/Chairs)
Let us take care of your special day- Rent our venue for your next party, wedding, meeting or private event. The Union Train Station is designed to make it easy for any type of event with full seating, dance area and additional equipment like tables and chairs. The venue also offers parking spaces in front of the facility and a nearby City Lot for additional parking.
Weekdays (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday) the Union Train is available for usage (meetings only) for Non-Profit Organizations; free of charge (2 hour limit). Must show proof of Non-Profit Status.
Please click the Union Train Station Application Link below - all information concerning the rental process ls listed on the application - please click below. Please call for an appointment to view Union Station: 804-618-2293.
CLICK HERE FOR THE UNION TRAIN STATION APPLICATION