House Fire in Petersburg Sparked by Space Heater - Don't Let This Happen To Your Home!
Space heaters can be dangerous and cause fires. Petersburg Fire-Rescue recommends the following:
• Never Leave a Space Heater On or Plugged-in When
• Place the Space Heater in a Space that is Not Near Flammable
• Keep Children and Pets Away from Space Heaters
• Don’t Use Extension Cords and Power Strips with Space
• Check the Space Heater’s Safety Certifications
• Make Sure the Space Heater Has Safety Features for Cut-off’s
and Tip Overs
• Place Space Heaters on a Level Surface
• Don’t Hide Space Heater Cords
• Get Rid of Space Heaters Running Too Hot or Without Safety
• Regularly Inspect Your Space Heater
Petersburg Fire-Rescue reminds residents to never leave fires in fireplaces or lit candles unattended, and do not try to heat homes with stoves, ovens, or dryers.
Please check your smoke detectors to be sure they are working.