Apply to be an Explorer here
Frequently Asked Questions Explorer Post 911
DO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT ORIENTATION TO JOIN?
* Explorers, applications are accepted year round. You can come to any meeting at any point during the year and begin your transition into becoming an Explorer.
DO I GET VOLUNTEER HOURS WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROGRAM?
* Yes, everyone will have plenty of opportunities to get their required volunteer hours to graduate from high school. Our meetings, which are held every other Thursday (except on Holidays) will automatically give you three to four hours. We also have upcoming events that you can sign up for to get extra volunteer hours if you wish.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GO ON A RIDE ALONG WITH AN OFFICER?
* In order to ride along with an officer, you must first complete the Ride Along application. If approved, and you are an Explorer, we will sign you up with an experienced officer for his tour of duty.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO BECOME AN EXPLORER?
* You must be between 14-20 years old in school Middle/ High School, high school graduate with a diploma or its equivalent, or currently enrolled in a college/university. Never been arrested, haven't used recreational and illegal drugs, last report card/transcript must show above 2.0 grade point average, and you must complete a formal membership application.
WILL WE CARRY REAL GUNS?
* No Explorer will be given a firearm to carry as part of the uniform.
I'M NOT 14 OR IN HIGH SCHOOL YET, CAN I STILL JOIN?
* Yes you can all are welcome. To join, just talk to your School Resource Officer and they'll tell you exactly what you need to do!