Billing & Collections
Responsibilities for the Office of Billing & Collections include:
- Collection of all current and delinquent revenue. This includes management of lock box and 3rd party collector contracts.
- Printing and mailing of all personal property, real estate, and utility bills
- All cashier and customer service activities
- Utility Billing
Any customer who files bankruptcy, that includes any current active utility account, will be notified by certified mail that a new service must be established within 20 days of notification.
In lieu of the bankruptcy filing, a 25% deposit may be required for the next service.
For more information on Bankruptcy, contact Collections Administrator, Cameron Bailey.
Phone: 804-431-5254 Ext. 2034
When submitting a garden meter adjustment it MUST include the following:
- Pictures of the meter for the previous month and current month
- Account number
- Date it is being submitted
In order for your garden meter to be applied it MUST be turned in between the 1st and 10th of every month.
Your adjustment must be worth $6 or more to be adjusted on your bill, if it is not we will collect them until you reach the minimum amount.
If you prefer to email information or have any questions, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to Terminate Services
Customers can only cancel utility services in person at: 144 N. Sycamore Street, Petersburg, VA 23804
Qualifying criteria for any adjustments can include, but are not limited to the following:
- Payment processing
- Manual read information
Contact Administration Manager Makiah Spratley for more information on adjustments.
Phone: 804-733-2337 Ext. 2533
The Office of Billing and Collections is pleased to offer several payment options for your billing needs.
- Pay Online Here
- There is a 3% convenience fee with credit cards. There is no convenience fee for paying by check electronically. The online payment site is available 4 a.m. to 11 p.m. Daily.
- In-Person: Fiscal Management Office: 144 N. Sycamore Street, Petersburg
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- Dropbox: You are able to drop off your payment at any time to the drop box located at 144 N. Sycamore Street. Payments dropped off are collected and processed the following business day.
- Mail: All Payments may be mailed to the following locations:
- Personal Property: P.O. Box 1271 Petersburg, VA 23804
- Real Estate: P.O. Box 1271 Petersburg, VA 23804
- Utilities: P.O. Box 1271 Petersburg, VA 23804
- Miscellaneous: P.O. Box 1271 Petersburg, VA 23804
For Questions regarding payments please email: CityCollector@Petersburg-va.org or call 804.733.2349
For Further Contact Information: Click Here